Naughty or Nice Pillow

    What do you do when you don’t complete all your holiday projects BEFRORE the  holidays? 

    Well, if you are like me, you complete them AFTER the holidays. 

    Now I consider myself a positive thinking person….. so I would say I’m 353 days ahead on next year’s Christmas projects!

    *

    *

    I haven’t really used my embroidery machine in years! 

    That’s what happens when you get a new toy…. the Cricut! 

    Naught-nice pillow

    Now that I am back to my regular day~to~day schedule, I found the time to reconnect the hardware and download the software.   There is a lot to learn about the software and at one time I was pretty good at digitizing images but as the say, “If you don’t USE it, you LOSE it.”  

    I have a lot to reteach myself. 

    So I thought I would start with something really basic.

    nice and naughty embroidered pillow

    This two-sided pillow is small measuring only 4.5”x7”.

    I really wanted to make it in cream and a chocolate brown, except I didn’t have the right shade of brown in my fabric collection.    I opted to go with this olive green color….

    1. because I had all the material on hand
    2. it’s not a scream out loud Christmas green color
    3. I could leave it out all year long.

    small embroidered pillow

    You can always find me in the back of a fabric isle looking at the remnant fabric bin.  I love to pick up small fabric swatches and trims for just a few dollars.  I never have anything planned for them at the time of purchase.   Want to know my secret???  ssshhh….. don’t tell the hubby…..  

    I go into my craftroom at night to tinker around and later will come out with a completed project and announce, “Look Honey!  This was completely FREE, using things I already had!” 

    Christmas Embroidered Pillow

    I think I might place it by my nightstand.  I could send a message to the Hubby without saying  a word!

    Have a great day,

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews