Teenage Boy’s Bedroom Update

    I postponed working on my son’s bedroom over the holidays.  In my last post about his bedroom, I asked you… my wonderful readers…. to share your thoughts on few ideas that I hadn’t made a decision on.  Well, I loved the many ideas you shared, but one suggestion I knew I need to implement sooner rather than later.

    BEFORE

    Pottery Barn Knock Off Bed

     

    AFTER

    paint ideas for teen boys bedroom

    Immediately after Sonya from Beyond the Screen Door suggested a horizontal stripe stripe it hit me like a ton of bricks…..

    If I painted the lime green stripe horizontally, it would add more color to the room and eliminate my concern about the room getting to heavy with black.  See even though I suggested silver/chrome/mirrored nightstands, my son really wants me (and my father) to make a similar nightstand that he saw in the Crate & Barrel catalog (in black).  Well, this could be the answer to make everyone happy!  Now I just need to get on those nightstands.

    ****

    Before I painted, I brought the “before” photo into Photoshop.  With my limited knowledge, I played around with different paint and border combinations.  The interesting thing was…. my son was in Florida at the time and I had to keep sending him text photos of my computer screen  until we came up with one that we both liked.  Okay…. one that he liked and I was willing to paint!  LOL.

    {via}

    I’m thinking two large white drum shades hanging from either side of the bed would look awesome and very easy to do.  We could wire them down from the attic!  Kind of like this…

    {via}

    Funny how changing one design idea can spiral many other new ideas!

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews