My Obsession

    Most woman have a shoe fetish!!! 

    {via}

    Me, I have a ………

    Thread collection

    Major Thread Obsession

    Insane I know…. no one needs this many spools of thread!

    There are four thread organizers that hang in my craftroom.  Three thread organizers hold embroidery thread and the one holder, off to the side by itself, hold sewing thread.

    I have even more spools of thread not shown…….. for my serger machine.  If you know anything about a serger machine then you know that you have to have 4 of each color!!  I keep these spools stored in 4 drawer bin next to the serger for easy access.

    color organized thread

    Yes, I  try to keep them displayed by colors but when it’s this full every time I add a new color do you know how many spools I have to move to make room?!?!?

    thread display

    I love this angle!  In fact, I could see this enlarged, framed, and hanging  on the wall in  my craftroom.

    thread display collection

    Can you believe there a a few empty slots?  Actually the missing spools are in use and are setting next to my sewing machine.   

    I purchased these thread display organizers but I ran across a post by Mandy of Sugar Bee Craft Edition Blog and she has a great tutorial on how to make your own Thread Rack Organizer.   How great to be able to customize a rack to fit your collection!  When I redo my craftroom I could do a whole wall Thread Rack!!!

    Tell me…. what do you collect?

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews