A Bit Side Tracked

    Sherwin Williams Deckscape Chestnut

    {Sherwin Williams Deckscape “Chestnut”}

    Yes, I must admit that my life is much like the book “If You Take A Mouse To The Movies”.  Refinishing the deck was very low on my to-do list….. but the other weekend I had my teenage son remove all the patio furniture and press-wash the deck. {Anyone else create busy work for their kids?   My father is the master at this!  Ask me how I know.} Then will out last weekend getting paint for the foyer, I noticed that Sherwin Williams also had their stains on sale!  I have never used it before, but I couldn’t help myself and picked up a couple gallons.

    I actually had a window of opportunity between the rain that we have been getting and the rain we are going to be getting to apply the stain to the deck yesterday.   I used a foam pad attached to an extension rod (my broom handle) to apply the stain.  I wish I used a sprayer to lay on the stain and the even it out with the foam pad.  I had to use a small foam brush to get into the cracks and crevices.

    The photos were taken while the stain was still wet and I realize it looks a little uneven but it really turned out great! Does anyone have any experience with Sherwin Williams Deckscapes?

    Keeping the book theme going….

    Now that the deck is stained, I want to remove the railing.  The railing is right at my eye level when I sit down and I can’t see the kids in the back yard.  And who wants to put their old patio furniture on a newly refinished deck?  I see another project in the future.  (just giving heads up, Dad)

    ~~~

    Don’t forget to enter the fabulous GIVEAWAY going on right now!

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews