Foyer Shelf

    As I mentioned on the party post, I’m working on the prep work to painting my foyer, second floor ceiling, the upstairs hallways, and what will be the new “Teen Lounge”.   I’m going to be a bad blogger and not take you along through the process because…… well, it’s just boring!  I’m bored so I know you’ll would be too!!  Don’t you just hate the prep work that goes into a room before you can paint?  yuck.   

    The worst is the thing called “mudding” or patching of the walls!  Mostly because I don’t have a clue as to what I’m doing.  I’ve watched several videos but I still can get the hang of it.  I be the first to admit that I can do a lot of things okay (not great but okay) but this mudding process has me completely stumped.  I keep telling myself, “Carrie, it’s just like frosting a cake.” 

    Certainly there’s something you have found out about yourself  that no matter how much practice you will never be able to do in this lifetime!  Well for me….. that’s applying joint compound and knitting. (so far)

    If I can just get through this step it should go pretty easy and hopefully quickly.  I’m adding some details to a rather boring foyer like molding, lighting, and a shelf.

    Foyer Shelf

    This is the shelf that, yes, with the help of my Dad, will be hanging over the front door.  The frame was built on Sunday night but now I await for some strong men/teenagers to help nail it to the wall.  Then I will attach sheetrock over the frame and oh you guessed it….. more of that joint compound fun for me! yuck yuck.   Plus I will be adding some recess lighting and moulding.  Won’t this be a great place to accessorize?

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews