Swiffer DIY Pads

    Do you Swiffer?

    Swifter

    I like my Swiffer.  It's easy to use for light mopping and touch up jobs.  However, I don’t like the cost of the cleaning pads.  Seems like I’m always running out!

    I ran across a money saving tip that someone mentioned that they use an adult pad (like Depends) instead.  Yes, I tried it.  It worked okay but I wasn’t crazy about them and neither was my teenage daughter.  

    Swifter DIY Pads

    On the other hand, I had this micro-fiber kitchen towel that I didn’t like.  I like micro-fiber material for things like cleaning glass but not to dry dishes or counters. 

    I decided to cut the towel up to fit the bottom of the Swiffer.  I was able to get 6 cleaning pads from just one towel!   I surged around the cut edges to prevent fraying and raveling.  ** If you don’t have a surger, you can just run a zig-zag stitch around the cut edges.

    My original thought was to either attach my custom pads by either a piece of zelcro or sewing a small elastic band around the edges.  But once I stuck it to the bottom of the pad to measure….. It stayed STUCK to the bottom of the Swiffer!!  

    This is such a “green”er solution too.  Now I just throw them into the wash when I’m done.

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews