Spring Break Projects

    Well, spring break is over and it’s time for the kiddos to get busy with their last few weeks of school before summer break.  I did manage to get a few things crossed off my want/need T0~Do list.

    *If you are my Facebook buddy then you may have already seen pixs of these projects.

    First thing I tackled was re~staining a bench and glider that my dad made many years ago with the left over stain from redoing our deck.  

    wooden glider

    The bench and glider weren’t as faded as the deck and still had some stain on them.  Even with some light sanding,  they still had some stain on them.  The Sherwin Williams deck stain that I purchased was a translucent color and I just knew it wouldn’t give an even color.  So I mixed up a combination of a few stains that I had left.  I wasn’t really too concern with the color because I already knew I liked all the stains that I had in my arsenal.   Once that coat dried, I went over it with the SW stain, figuring that it would provide the best protection for the outdoor elements.

    The birds have already put their mark it! ick

    wooden bench

    Okay, so I shamelessly moved this cute little bench to this spot so that I could use my spring time “IRIS” display as a backdrop!

    Purple Iris display

    Lovely!!!  Only a few short years ago I picked up one iris tuber and after dividing them a few times over the years, it has turned into this huge iris garden.  If anyone lives close to me and would like a few for their garden, I would be happy to share! 

    Cricut Cover

    Here is a real quick project! 

    A cover for my Cricut machine.  I have been tossing the idea around as to whether or not I needed a cover  because I use it so much.  Would it be necessary? That is until…. the pollen arrived!! 

    And there is one more spring break project that I have to share with you but that will have to wait until tomorrow!

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews