Lil’ Foot Stool

    Sugar & Spice in the land of Balls & Sticks blog has a great party called Before Blogging Throwback Thursday.    Here is my “Before Blogging Throwback”……..

    foot stool

    After our home was built and going from less than 1,000 square feet to over 5,oo0 square feet, I was in need of furniture.  So I had my dad construct construct a box with four bun feet. Then I added a foam top and upholstered to create this cute little foot stool.

    stool

    This lil’ guy has been moved around from room to room and has been re-upholstered several times.  It currently resides in the master bathroom next to the tub.

    custom fabric

    I custom made the fabric on the top.  {The color in this photos is off….way off!!!  It should be a mint green like the top two photos.}  I wanted to experiment with mixing patterns together but couldn’t find a fabric that I liked, so I made my own.  I used a decorative stitch pattern on my sewing machine to sew on the lattice pattern in golden yellow and embroidered the flower. 

    It’s time to re-upholster this lil’ foot stool again as it has a few stains on the top fabric.   I also have a larger ottoman in the living room that I am currently making a slipcover for.  I hope to have it done to show next week.

    Please hop over and join Sugar & Spice’s "Before Blogging Throwback Thursday".

    Carrie

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews